Happy National Day, Sweden!This .gif brought tears. This one full-on sobs. So happy for Princess Madeleine and Chris.
Happy 10 year wedding anniversary to Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary!
“Come, let’s go, come, let’s see. Throughout a thousand worlds, weightless love awaits.”- Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark in his wedding speech to his bride, Mary Elizabeth Donaldson
The Danish Royal Court released these photos celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Crown Princely Couple (m. 14 May 2004).
A very happy anniversary to William and Kate!
Her official title after 1953 is Elizabeth II, By the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of her other Realms and Territories, Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.
She is a fluent French and Latin speaker.
She is not afraid to apply lipstick in public. She even told American First Lady, Laura Bush that is was “all right to do it”.
As hard as it is to believe, according to Sally Bedel Smith, Queen Elizabeth II owns a cellphone and she uses it solely to text her grandchildren.
On a state visit to Australia in 1954, during an argument with Prince Philip, the Queen was filmed “hurling shoes, threats and sporting equipment, and venting the sort of regal fury that, in another age, would have cost someone their head”, according to writer Robert Hardman. “I’m sorry for that little interlude,” she later said, “but, as you know, it happens in every marriage.”
When the Queen and Prince Philip were reunited in Portugal in 1957 after a four-month separation because of official duties, he wore a tie with hearts on it.
This Sunday is Mother’s Day in the United Kingdom, so I figured a list of potential gifts for Kate’s first year as “mum” was obviously a must. (And, should Will find himself in a pickle last minute, here are some ideas… 😉
1. Because let’s admit it, she is pretty flawless. Well, at least in the eyes of her husband and babe, I would hope. But I think this case is cheeky and would remind her to channel her inner Beyoncé.
2. If William doesn’t get Kate a card that in someway mentions her being “queen” for the day, or of the house etc., what’s the point of it all, really? I mean the opportunities are endless.
3. Kate loves her nail polish, especially this shade, but perhaps she could step out of the box a little and try a different hue.
4. Macrons are such a sweet gesture and elude a sense of chic indulgence. And, if Kate is like me and doesn’t really care for them all that much, they are beautiful to look at…
5. Flowers. For obvious reasons.
6. Fancy, heaven-like pillows (nap included!). I’m sure she has some awesome pillows already, but there’s no such thing as too many pillows. I’m not sure of too much in life, but this I know for sure.
7. Cheeky, romantic, and both sleeping-in and food are referenced. Stop the search, the perfect mug has been located.
To Kate and all you mothers out there, Happy Mother’s Day!